Subject: [Leica] Quitting The Lug? a lurker speaks..
From: Alastair Cowe <a.cowe@ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:16:45 +0100

I don't have e-mail at home, so on monday lunchtime I catch up on the
weekend's digested chatter; The Lug to me is more than just a mail-list, it
has become a web resource in its own right..Hardly a day goes by (well,
maybe a week goes by), without finding a gem of info, or an interesting
website.
I guess that most of us lurkers just soak up the info, check out the paw
sites and so on. I'm relatively  new to using a leica, so have little to
offer to discussions,
except that I would advise anyone not to dither as long as did before
getting that first M..once bitten...

It's been said before I know, but what makes the LUG so hard to ignore is
the diversity, accrued experience, breadth of knowledge and on and on.
Leica user's generally are more interested in the act of photography  and
the finished results; most of us, it seems, don't need to told how to take a
photo.
Yes, the lug is irritating at times, but then along will come a gem like
Kyle Cassidy's Bucharest story, or the 'What makes a good photo by Ted
Grant" thread at the end of January..and many others.

So far, for me the plus's outweight the minuses and the lug topic index is
my first port of call each day..there must be more to life? :-)

Alastair Cowe
Accounts Clerk, Biomedical Engineering
Institute of Orthopaedics & Musculo-Skeletal Science
RNOHT Site, Brockley Hill
Stanmore, Middx,
UK