Subject: Re: [Leica] Film Scanner recommendation
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 15:26:18 -0400

At 08:52 PM 5/1/01 +0200, you wrote:
>Since the Nikon LS-4000 has become available, there must be very good
>deals on the LS-2000 model. This is a very capable film scanner, the best
>in its class before the appearance of the LS-4000.
>
>Pascal
>NO ARCHIVE

This is a good suggestion.  I'm using my LS-4000 for the first time today
and it is fantastic, but there was nothing wrong with my LS-2000.  Scans of
2700 dpi are big enough for most applications and the LS-2000 will do
that.  The software is very similar for both except the 4000 also includes
programs for recovery of faded colors and grain reduction.  The batch
feeder for the 2000 is the same as the one for the 4000.  The 4000 has a
very good strip film feeder and a roll film adapter is available.

My 2000 is probably going to my daughter if I can afford not to sell
it.  There should be plenty of them on E-Bay!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com