Subject: [Leica] 50mm Summicron
From: "onetreehillclw" <onetreehillclw@compaq.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 20:24:11 -0500

A question to all KLUGGERS(leicaholic users group),

I have a 1956 collapsible 50mm Summicron. The front element
has some heavy cleaning marks. The lens is still very sharp, but
a little soft in the middle of the photos. I have used a B&W UV
and it does correct the problem a little. And of course I always use the
proper shade.

My question is can the front element be replaced? Or could the lens just be
recoated? I know hasselblad can replace their front elements on the 80
planar, so I thought maybe Leica can too.
I found out hasselblad could when I got a 80mm lens that had been in a fire.
Works like new now($300 later).

I know some LUGGER has got to know!
Thanks,
Chris Williams