Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: autofocus macro
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 21:19:34 -0700

><Snip>  and 10cm Micro-Summar.  So, yes, this IS a proper
> subject for the LUG.
>
> And, again, this is NOT a matter of "opinion":  there are facts of optical
> science at play here.  You might want to review the section on this in the
> 15th (and, sadly, the last) edition of THE LEICA MANUAL for details:  it is
> a clear and rather concise description of just how this sort of
> picture-shootin' works.
>
> Marc
>
> msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
> Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Marc and Jim what's with you guys!
Lea has posted her site (http://www.whinydogpress.com/new.html )and much of her
work seems to be in the 1:5 to 1:8 range. A needle with thread. Two cherries.
Sounds like macro to me! Looks like macro to me!
From Kansas City home of Hallmark cards!
I do find it frustrating to have none of those shots clickable. They're all small!
What camera did you use Lea? you are switching to Leica now? Why a rangefinder
for your work?
using an R serious Leica SLR camera or Leicaflex or Viso on the M are all on
topic topics for discussion here.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA