Subject: Re: [Leica] Which Ultra-Wide, Heliar 15mm or Heliar 12mm
From: "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 07:30:46 +0100

<snip>
> What experience do you have between the view finders?  Are they both quite
> barrelled - this has an obvious effect on usability.  Also does the spirit
> level help much for either of these lenses.
<snip>

I use the 25mm and 15mm lenses.  In both cases, the eye relief of the
finders could be better.  I find that I have to take my spectacles off to
see the full viewfinder image.  It's just a minor inconvenience for me, as
my eyes aren't that bad, but it could be a real pain for people who can't
see without their glasses.

As far as the 12mm vs 15mm debate is concerned, for me, 15mm is plenty wide
enough.

regards

Mark Pope
Swindon, Wilts