Subject: RE: [Leica] Which Ultra-Wide, Heliar 15mm or Heliar 12mm
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 14:47:33 -0500

Mark

>>I use the 12mm. I'd recommend a separate exposure meter, as the in-camera
meter tends to average in the sky and give under-exposure of your
foreground (at least with an M6).<<

This is big issue with the 15 as well. I had all kinds of problems with
exposure, which is why I put the 15 aside of a while when I went back to
chrome film. The M6 meter is easily fooled by a Superwide, it seems. At
least, that's been my experience.  And it's not a simple, "If this, then
compensate by this." It's generally unpredictable.

Dave

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Which Ultra-Wide, Heliar 15mm or Heliar 12mm)