Subject: [Leica] Advice on PARIS requested
From: "J. R. Goldman" <goldman@birch.math.umn.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 16:59:31 -0500 (CDT)

	At the end of next week, my wife and I are going to Paris for
about 10 days and then 5 in Copenhagen.
	The Lug archives have tons of good information on Paris, but most
is at least two years old.
Some things change, some donšt - so I would appreciate any advice on the
following:
	1) What are the best bookstores for new and used photo books?
	2)  What are the current interesting photo exhibits - in museums
or galleries?
	3)  I saw a reference somewhere to Vanves - southern part of Paris
with lots of old bookstalls???
	4)  The archives mention a photo flea market south of Paris in
early June.  Does it still exist?  This might be fun, but I do not plan to
spend any real time looking for equipment.
	 5) any recommendations on Minilabs - especially with B&W
chromogenic films - what are the prices like?
	6) How about pro labs for regular B&W processing and contact
sheets.
	7) How are film prices in Paris.

	I will probably take the M5 and Hexar RF with 35M, 50M, and 90
Tele-Elmarit.  I will emphasize B&W, but will bring some color neg since
the flowers should be in bloom.
	We will mostly walk. I hope to do lots of street photography and
enjoy the sights and exhibits.  Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
	I read the digest, so my replies may be delayed.  Thanks to all in
advance.
Jay Goldman
Minneapolis