Subject: Re: [Leica] Shame on the LUG
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 11:06:15 -0700

>At 12:02 AM 5/11/2001 +0100, Jon Honeyball wrote:
>>Are there really no Leica owners or users hereabouts who would like to
>>spend 3 days in Germany, at the Academy, at the Factory, with tuition,
>>with *every* piece of Leica camera equipment sat there waiting for you
>>to try?
>
>Are you paying, Jon?  If so, kindly contact me off-List and we can arrange
>the details.  Otherwise, understand that some of us really, honestly must
>abide by Captain John Smith's dictate that if you do not work, you do not eat.
>
>Be nice.
>
>Marc

As reinterpreted by Joseph Stalin, Captain John Smith's dictate became an
early soviet slogan:

He who works, eats.

Right up there in my book with:

Those who are not with us are against us. (Highly appropriate here on the
LUG these past few days.)

This last statement was originally uttered, I believe, by V.I. Lenin,
though I've heard it repeated recently on the local christian radio program.

Guy

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] Shame on the LUG)