Subject: RE: [Leica] supporting leica!
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 07:53:07 -0500

leica@davidmorton.org5/11/019:46 AM

> They let you borrow equipment, load it with film, and take it
out on the
> streets of Wetzlar for hours [*].

One of the problems with Leica (as a professional tool), which
Nikon and Canon do not suffer from is remarkable after sales,
professional support. If you're a pro and need a lens at major
media events - Nikon and Canon will give you one to use for the
duration - not just walking around "home town" for an hour. The
Nikon and Cannon equipment is also available for rent almost
anywhere in the US. Which means if I need one special lens for a
day or a week, I can get the job done. I know of nowhere that I
can rent Leica equipment.

George