Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Opinions on the Telyt-R 350mm 4.8 lens
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 09:31:01 -0700

At 04:09 PM 5/12/01 +0800, apbbeijing wrote:
>> Contains APO glass in some of its elements.
>
>What is APO glass?
>
>Rgds
>
>Adrian

In one of my brochures from that era, Leica says that the 350 contains
elements with "specialty" glass, or some such words and not remembering the
exact wording or what they called the glass, I used the term APO, which is
a specialty glass and since my 350 seems to be exquisitely sharp, I have to
believe that it is very well corrected, at least in two of the three
primary wavelengths.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Opinions on the Telyt-R 350mm 4.8 lens)