Subject: [Leica] Re: Opinions on the Telyt-R 350mm 4.8 lens
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 17:24:12 -0700

I found the brochure and it says:

"The use of special glasses from the Leitz Glass Research Laboratory and
the complicated arrangement of the optical components have reduced the
residual abbe rations in the corners of the picture, usual in conventional
long focal length lenses, to a level that is no longer disturbing in
photographic practice. The particularly good detail rendering and the high
contrast of the 350mm TELYT-R f/4.8 lens also facilitate focusing in poor
lighting conditions."

Jim