Subject: Re: [Leica] Audi blows Leica's trumpet!
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 16:01:30 -0700

Tom Schofield wrote:

> I hate seeing a IIIG compared to an Audi.  Having owned two Audi's, I can
> say they have 10 years tops before there's nothing left to do with them but
> donate them for the tax deduction.

Hmmm. Well, value depends on whether you're buying, selling, or using them.
My Audi's resale "value" has been about the same as an M3 for the last 8 of
its 18 years.  Both M3 and Audi still work nicely, and maintenance for
either costs more than buying something else new. I've put more miles on the
Audi...

Replies: Reply from Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] Audi blows Leica's trumpet!)