Subject: RE: [Leica] A NEW TOPIC
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 23:32:22 -0600

Actually John I'm beginning to wonder now how many microns the back focus in
my M6 changes when I use it in our regular -30c  to -45c weather, as the
metal contracts at varying rates. This is important as my focussing could be
off by as much as .25mm or less - this is an important issue and one that
deserves serious investigation and yet I cannot recall it being raised
before? How could that be. Why haven't we been told? Someone must know - are
they keeping t from us??

(of course at these temperatures my M become basically a solid useless ump
requiring a 12" long pipe wrench to turn the focus with and of course the
shutter is moving at anywhere from twice to ten times slower than normal!
Oh, that's when I use my N***n F4 - never failed yet in those temperatures
:)  )

Tim A