Subject: [Leica] Shutter controls on screw-thread Leicas
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 17:15:59 -0700

Here is something I've always wondered about.  The instructions for
getting slow speeds (below 1/20) on the old boxes said to set the
high-speed dial to 1/20, and then to choose the desired exposure on
the slow-speed dial that is on the front of the camera.  I've
wondered what would happen if you were to choose a speed higher than
1/20 on the "fast" dial and a speed lower than 1/20 on the "slow"
dial.  My guess if that one would get a long exposure through a slit
of width less than that of the 35 mm frame.  The other possibility is
that the mechanism would self-destruct.

Does anyone know?

Herb
- --