Subject: [Leica] Victoria meet & Greet! ;-)
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:49:34 -0700

Hi folks,
Another nice meet and greet in fair Victoria town last evening. In
attendance, Jeff Segawa, his buddy Patrick, Sandy Carter and meself.  Jeff
and Patrick had just popped into town to shoot up a storm on the city while
enjoying some R&R.

Of course the wet coast meet & greets usually start with some kind of liquid
refreshment, not single malt this time, however, we did partake of Saki,
Sushi and a pleasant evening of leica, LUG chat.

Jeff brought along some photography in B&W print form and a fine shooter he
is. Some very solid well composted and exposed architectural images from
home in Colorado and over in China.

We were all sporting M6's and different lenses, Patrick popped a 12mm Cosina
out of a nice little case and handed it around, quite an interesting lens to
say the least, it kind of made the restaurant look like it was a dozen times
larger.

Some day I may have a run at one, as I enjoy the 15 very much and I bet the
12 would put a good shot of enthusiasm in the old guy to get out and shoot
more funtime. When? I have no idea, as I'm shooting about as much time as I
can as it is. It just sounds good and kind of justifies my wanting to spend
money on a lens. ;-)

I bet if there were more LUG greets and meets there wouldn't be the
haranguing we see here sometimes, as it would surely make a major difference
sitting across the table from a LUG family member, a good beer in hand and
being able to trash each other verbally.

Not to say one might not get off a few verbal salvos, but when it's face to
face it's pretty tough to give it without expecting flack back in a split
second.... and quite possible necessitating a quick duck under the table.
;-)

Anyway, we had a good meal, warm Saki and making it an enjoyable time
rattling on about our picture taking adventures.

Try it sometimes guys and gals it's, once again,  a very wonderful
experience to shake a hand and put a face to the name on the screen! ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant