Subject: [Leica] choose your mount carefully
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:20:02 -0400

Someone here questioned why Konica would use the Leica M mount without full
compatibility with Leica's lenses. Answer: because it is a damn strong way to attach
a lens to a camera body. I do not recall anyone questioning Nikon's motives for
selecting in 1946 something very much like the Zeiss Contax rangefinder mount for its
line of Japanese rangefinder cameras. Yet not all Nikon and Contax lenses were usable
accurately on the other marque's cameras. No doubt this historic fact is well-known
to both Messrs. Gandy and Puts.

A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse (of course)!

Emanuel