Subject: [Leica] Re: 180mm comparisons
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:33:22 -0700

I have a write-up in a Leitz lens booklet that talks extensively, and has
liberal photographs backing up the discussion, about using the 2x extender
on the 180/3.4. This is before the APO extender. The results were basically
indistinguishable from prime lenses in the 250 to 400mm range. I suspect
that the APO extender would even be better.

There are a lot of used 180/3.4 lenses around. I personally would buy one
from a reputable dealer with a return policy rather than eBay.

Jim