Subject: Re: [Leica] an ethical question....
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 13:56:00 -0500

> i think it's rude to get
>in the way of the real photographer, and it's even ruder to undercut his
>bread and butter. but at the same time, i get to look like a real rube to
>the family -- and also, what's my obligation to them? why should i be
>siding with someone i don't even know?.... what would you do? what's the
>wedding ettiquitte? i'd like to hear from anybody who actually _shoots_
>weddings too. maybe i could just give them 3 8x10's now and in a couple
>months send them the rest?
>
>and in case anybody's interested in the awesome power of a canon 50mm f
>1.5 in ltm on a leica m6:
>
> http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/5-12-01-wedding/
>
>kc
Kyle,

If the "real wedding photographer" can't make good enough pictures to
sell that's his problem. I do 2 or 3 a year (so I'm not a "real wedding
photographer")
I could care less how many family and friends are making pictures too.
Its a family event! Not anyone's private gold mine.

I set it up so that on the big day I am NOT being a print salesman, but
rather a photographer. Which seems to be the rub for lots of  "real
wedding photographers".
They've turned into salesmen when they should be photographers.

It would be rude to get in the way but that time has passed, its over.

nice picture

Henry