Subject: [Leica] XTOL and Tmax
From: "Bill" <bnelsch@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 21:30:04 -0600

Gentlepeople,

For the second time in as many months, I have had problems with developing
Tmax in XTOL and I was wondering if I was alone.

I developed a single roll of Tmax 100 in fresh XTOL diluted 1:1 (total of
300 ml) at 75 degrees.  According to the chart, development time was to have
been 7 minutes and I agitated ever minute.  My result was almost clear film
with only the barest hint of an exposure.

Ordinarily I will develop at 70 degrees for 8 and 1/2 minutes and have no
problems.  Is there something off on the charts or what?  Fortunately I also
shot color (OT: Leica R8 and 100 APO for some headshots of a Miss Colorado
contestant) so the afternoon wasn't a total loss but now I am fearful of
ever using Tmax again.

Any suggestions?

Bill in Denver

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] XTOL and Tmax)