Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital Dry film process??
From: brougham3@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 06:53:05 -0500

"Brian McCarthy" <brian@imagespace.co.uk> wrote:

>The following is from the British Journal of Photography. Is this one of
>those things you read about once and never hear anything about it ever
>again?

I suspect we'll hear more.  ASF is the company behind the infrared
dust-removal feature on some scanners.

The problem is that their process literally destroys the negative.  So you
end up with a digital file that with superb dynamic range, and you have no
usable negative at the end.  They develop a littler, scan a little.  Repeat
until negative is extremely over-developed.