Subject: [Leica] meet in Paris
From: "saadi lahlou" <saadi.lahlou@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 22:42:17 +0200

Jay Goldman wrote :
If anyone finds themselves in Paris from May 21-30 and would like
to get together, I will be at the
Hotel des Allies
        rue Bertholet 20
        F 75005 PARIS V CEDEX
        Tel: +33 (0)1 43 31 47 52

Jay Goldman
Minneapolis>>

Hello Jay,

IMHO you should try to stay a couple more days in Paris and not leave on May
31.
Not only because of the city and its gorgeous
architecture/museums/streets/bars/food/girls
(clic-clic-clic- ... etc.)- but because :

If you manage to be there on Sunday June 3, you can go to the 'Fete de la
Photo' in Bievres (30 mn drive from Paris). It is THE event to be in France
if you look for second hand rare photo equipment. Most French merchants and
many  collectors (and many European, and now also from Russia) will be
there, and of course a crowd of photographers.
It happens only once a year, the first Sunday of June (some people start
trading saturday). Whenever you look for something unusual (e.g.: exotic
lenses, adaptors etc.), experts here tell you : "may be in Bievres?"
And there are of course a lot of photo events connected to it.

I always go there very early in the morning to look for lenses and misc.
caps etc, and did always found some good glass, among other things. If you
go there it's better to be early, not only because the good stuff is quickly
sold, but because by 10 AM it is almost impossible to find a place to park,
all the roads around town being filled with thousands of cars.

I will be in Russia and Germany for my job when you plan to be here, But I
will come back in Paris June 1st -on time for Bievres ;- )!
 So if you're still around in the week-end I can drive you to Bievres.

saadi,
Paris

PS: this is my first post to the list, hope it goes through OK ; please
forgive me if I did it wrong. I'm just a poor lonesome LUG-lurker (Lugrker ?
Lugker ? Glurker ? what is the local name for us who watch from the secure
darkness of electronic silence ?)