Subject: Re: [Leica] Focotar Enlarging lenses
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 16:51:34 -0400

At 11:58 AM 5/19/2001 +0800, apbbeijing wrote:
>Oh Marc forgot to mention another 100mm Leitz enlarging lens: the V-Elmar.
>This is supposed to be very good though not state of the art today. It is
>the most common lens on Focomat IIcs for the medium format side whilst they
>used the same 60mm lens for 35mm throughout.

Well, I didn't mention it, Adrian, as the question was specifically about
Focotars.  I also didn't mention the various Elmar enlarging-lens
variations, for the same reason.  The 4.5/100 V-Elmar was produced from
1960 until 1977 and was replaced by the 5.6/100 Focotar-2.  I HAVE used the
V-Elmar and it is quite a nice lens.  Leitz has never made a 60mm enlarging
lens, as far as my catalogues run, just the single 40,  a number of 50's, a
couple of 95's, and two 100's.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!