Subject: Re: [Leica] Focotar Enlarging lenses
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 12:11:28 -0400

At 07:20 AM 5/20/2001 +0800, apbbeijing wrote:

> It is the most common of the long lenses on the Focomat IIc enlargers
>whilst all IIc were, with few if any exceptions, supplied with a 60mm
>Focotar on the same panel. Neither the 60 nor the longer lenses were meant
>to be sold for other enlargers as I understand it, since they have unusually
>long mounts, though of course were available as parts for the IIc and might
>work on some other enlargers.

Adrian

You are absolutely, positively correct, and I'd not dug deep enough into my
literature.  Leitz DID make a 4.5/60 Focotar for the IIc (1957 - 1983), not
sold separately, it seems, the 4.5/95 MF Focotar also being sold only with
the IIc.

Thanks for the clarification!  Every day, I learn more.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!