Subject: [Leica] Re: MLU pre-release
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 06:19:22 +1000

Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net> wrote:

> <http://www.nemeng.com/leica/index.shtml#009c>

>You're right, the R4 does not have the mirror pre-fire feature.  I'm not
>sure about the R5 and R-E but it is on the R6 R6.2 and R7.

Yep, just checked my reference(s) - only the three cameras
you list appear to have the base-of-the-lens mirror pre-release.

I'll update/ammend my FAQ listing later today.

"Charles Cason" <cec@vbe.com> wrote:

>In place of using the MLU part 14087, can you use a softie
>on the R6 for MLU?

No - you need a cable release, or Part #14087 or reach
in with a large straightened-out paper clip (what I do).

"Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu> wrote:

>I Emailed the author and got no reply.

Did you send the mail to <azn@nemeng.com>?  Because I
never received anything from you.