Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: MLU pre-release
From: David Morgan <morgdm@itl.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 12:18:16 +0100

At 06:19 22/05/01 +1000, you wrote:
>Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > <http://www.nemeng.com/leica/index.shtml#009c>
>
> >You're right, the R4 does not have the mirror pre-fire feature.  I'm not
> >sure about the R5 and R-E but it is on the R6 R6.2 and R7.

Just my 2p worth.

The R5 has a mirror lock-up lever, or rather a dial, situated on the left
of the viewfinder.
It also has a small brass pin on the base, near the lens mount. After
reading the posts on this subject, I have been trying to find out what it
does....
In all modes, except A with selective metering,  pressing the pin in (
using a tool carefully crafted from a paperclip) and then firing the
shutter seems to prevent the shutter firing ( no mirror lock-up) until the
paperclip is removed, at which point the shutter fires (as long as the
button is held down.
In A selective, the shutter fires, and remains open for about 10 secs.

Hope this helps someone, because it has totally confused me!

David