Subject: Re: [Leica] Beat the Fungus
From: "Jeffrey Frankel" <jfrankel@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:52:12 -0400

A tip to all:

In a misguided attempt to prevent fungus in the tropics of New Jersey, I
placed my trusty ex+ condition IIIg into a plastic box with a large bag of
silica gel.  After about 6 months of hybernation, i removed it for an
afternoon shoot in the great outdoors.

The Vulcanite started to crumble in my hands.  Precious pieces of it falling
among the weeds.

From a beautiful collector piece to a nice user in one afternoon.

The only upside is that i'm using it more now than I ever did before.

I put the blame squarely on the 'gel.

jeff