Subject: Re: [Leica] Beat the Fungus
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 15:26:22 EDT

Dans un courrier dat=E9 du 21/05/01 06:11:17 Paris, Madrid (heure d'=E9t=E9)=
,=20
dxp13@yahoo.com a =E9crit :

> I live in a VERY humid area of the world.  For nearly
>  330 days of the year we are over 80% humidity levels.=20
> =20
>  What's the best way to care for Leica equipment in
>  this environment?
> =20
>  Is there a special box I could/should use to store my
>  goods?
> =20
>  Thanks,
>  Alex
>  HK-SAR

Hello Alex . To me , the best box for the job is NO box at all .
Simply give some air to your stuff , and , at the end of the day ,=20
let the body with the lenses removed and no caps on anything .
If you have air conditionned , leaving the stuff to an air conditionned
room where the air is dehydrated helps .
I've spent years in Djibouti , one of the most humid/hot places in=20
the world , with no problem at all.
Chears

JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE/ AIRBORNE RADAR TECH / LIVE FREE OR DIE
will soon walk with mud covered combat boots...

Replies: Reply from "Jeffrey Frankel" <jfrankel@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] Beat the Fungus)