Subject: RE: [Leica] model releases etc.
From: "Carleton, Sam" <Sam.Carleton@FMR.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:47:18 -0400

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Ted Grant
Sent:	Tuesday, May 22, 2001 11:01 AM
Subject:	Re: [Leica] model releases etc.

- -:> Hi Sam, I would be very prudent shooting in
- -:> the Canadian Province of Quebec regarding
- -:> model releases and the uses you pointed out
- -:> where a model release isn't required.

- -:> I'm sure a LUG member of Quebec will respond
- -:> here shortly.

- -:> But there was a court case, last year?, where
- -:> a photographer was sued, certainly hauled into
- -:> court, for using a photograph in some simple
- -:> situation and did not have the release of the
- -:> person in the photo.

- -:> Hopefully, a Quebecois will fill in the
- -:> details on this court case and how the outcome
- -:> reads... but take care if you're publishing
- -:> any "people pictures" taken in Quebec.

- -:> This only applies to Quebec and not the rest
- -:> of Canada.

Ted,

So the whole model release was concerning this case in Quebec?

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] model releases etc.)