Subject: RE: [Leica] model releases etc.
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:19:11 -0500

Sam.Carleton@FMR.COM (Carleton, Sam)5/22/0110:22 AM

> going to be using the image for advertising.  As far as fine
art goes and
> putting the images in books, news papers, and galleries, a
model release
> is
> not necessary in the United States of America.  Am I missing
something?

If you "sell" prints, books, etc. It means that you will "profit"
from the images. And if you profit from the the sale of images of
people or places (yes, you also need "property releases") then
you open yourself up to the possibility of claims against your
right to copy the persons or places which you photograph (for
profit).

George

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] model releases etc.)