Subject: RE: [Leica] Summilux 50mm f1.4 chrome...vs.... ?
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 20:24:11 -0400

> My 35/1.4 is the ASPH. It's perhaps the sharpest 1.4 lens I own
> in any focal length or system.  The 50/1.4 isn't quite as sharp
> (Not that it matters).
> Also, it has a much different look. I noticed this big time last
> night as I was sorting out negatives from several rolls of film
> that I shot last weekend. I saw some very obvious differences.
> Never gave much thought about bokeh, but maybe this is it.

David,

I do the same thing all the time, with my 35/1.4 asph on a Hexar RF and my
75/1.4 on my .72x M6 TTL.  And I generally prefer the 75 images to the
35--they have a very different look, one that is easily noticeable when both
are shot at f2 or 1.4.  And yes, I think it has a great deal to do with the
bokeh.

Dan