Subject: [Leica] Re: 50mm Summilux-M
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 06:55:38 -0400

Steve and others,
    To answer your question.
    I do not think a recomputed 50mm Summilux-M lens in coming in the near
future.
    First of all, Leica has too many other things ahead of  it. Plus, how
much of an improvement can they make? Would you pay 30% much for an already
expensive 50mm f/1.4 for a 10% increase in quality?
    Personally, I do not see what there is to improve. I made some prints of
stuff I shot with  it, and again was stunned by the quality.
    Lastly, 2000 units a year is a small run even by Leica's standards..
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA