Subject: Re: [Leica] To go 21 or 24mm - advice/opinions please...
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 07:59:56 -0700

Mark Pope wrote:
>>The problem is, do I go for the 24mm or  21mm lens?  I love using the 25mm
Voigtlander, but I would prefer it if the focusing was coupled to the
rangefinder.  In my position, which of the two lenses would  you go for?<<<

Hi Mark,
My personal experience?  I'd hop right to the 21 without a second thought.

I'm sure you'll receive another 82 1/2 suggestions, but as a working
photographer and using a pile of cameras and lenses all at the same time,
first choice without question is the Leica 21. Even though you require a
separate viewfinder to make full use of the lens, it's still the best choice
in a practical sense.

The bonus is, there are other "far less expensive 21mm viewfinders" than the
Leica, that quite frankly is prohibitive and I'm sure dealers online would
be only too pleased to steer you in the right direction for one of the
economical ones. :-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant