Subject: Re: [Leica] model releases (now a safer subject, I hope)
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 19:17:32 EDT

In a message dated 5/25/01 12:41:09 PM, sonc@sonc.com writes:

<< So, Kim.  Where do we disagree here?

Son,

Forgive me if I misinterpreted your intent.  I was responding to your letter
that started like this:

<<Dan,

I could not agree with you more.   I spent many years in a serious career of

photojournalism, working for a major market CBS affiliate....>>

since you didn't quote exactly what you were agreeing with Dan on, I assumed
it was in keeping with his general (apparent) disdain for street photography.
 Since you wrote about having a "serious" career in photojournalism, I
assumed you were (like Dan) making a qualitative distinction between PJ and
street photography.  Sorry if that wasn't your intent--though it seems to be
the feeling of some LUG members that there IS an inherently
qualitative/substantive difference between the two groups.

It's too bad that the original discussion wasn't able to be conducted in a
vigorous but respectful manner, because I think there are a number of fascin
ating and important issues bound up in the matter.

Kim

Replies: Reply from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <SonC@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] model releases (now a safer subject, I hope))