Subject: Re: [Leica] JOBO Processors
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 20:12:20 -0700

><Snip>
> How do those of you who use the JOBO compensate for the different
> agitation of the processor vs using a small tank with manual
> agitation?
> --
> Shel Belinkoff

Shoot larger formats so it doesn matter as much.
Higher dilutions which we try to do anyway
Presoak which we do anyway some of us.
Switch to color or XP2 which is ok with continuous agitation.

I see the Jobo as an incredible useful thing which will also make your prints.
Jim Brick and some other Lugnuts make incredible use of it.
But if your main thing is 35mm black and white silver photography it's not what
i would recomend.
I have two liter tanks which hold 8 Hewes reels each. Two of them
I have a gallon of stop and fix mixed up so i can run both of them at once, that
16 rolls.
In my pre Xtol days when i used to load my reels back to back i could and did do
32 roll runs!
That's a lot of flim to hang up cut and contact! But 16 is plenty and i normally
do 8.

I think you shoot more when you know your tanks can hold it.

They should sell film in 8 roll 35mm propacks if you ask me!

Tanks again!
Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA