Subject: [Leica] JOBO Processors
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:10:12 -0700

I've been shooting more lately - a lot more - and have been thinking
about a faster method of processing than the standard small tanks
with manual agitation and inversion.  The JOBO comes to mind as an
alternative because, it seems, a lot of people use them and are
pleased with the results.

My concern is this.  If I understand the JOBO's operation correctly,
the tank is in continual rotation throughout the entire developing
process.  If that's the case, it would seem that shadow density and
highlight density would be substantially changed from using small
tanks by the constant agitation, and that a different EI and perhaps
substantially less developing time would be needed for a given
film/developer combination.

How do those of you who use the JOBO compensate for the different
agitation of the processor vs using a small tank with manual
agitation?
- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net
"... there is no point in pressing the shutter
unless you are making some caustic comment
on the incongruities of life" - Phillip Jones Griffiths

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] JOBO Processors)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] JOBO Processors)