Subject: Re: [Leica] Disagreeing is how we learn
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 13:58:48 -0700

><Snip>
>
> Yeah all mine (http://us.imdb.com/Name?Brownlow,+John) were consensual too
> except the investigations. Has nothing whatever do with still photography
> though.
>
> --
> John Brownlow
>
> http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

I'd think that a person out shooting with a Bolex might have a few things in
common with a person out shooting with a Leica.
The Bolex shoots a 24 frames per second!
Play it back that fast and it looks like those pictures are moving!
To me a motion picture is a slide show played real fast.
And Oh! yes! Sound!
Well still cameras have sound now. I'm sure we're all expecting it on the new M7.
People tell stories with stills same as the flicks.
I can't see what the big division is!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA