Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 21mm Elmarit ASPH vs. non-ASPH
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 09:52:19 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/01 5:22:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com writes:

<< I'd call anything further out than 21 ultra wide.
 I think that's the term that's commenly used.

 "Darn wide" is not specific enough!
 "Pretty darn wide" comes close but no cigar... >>

Reminds me of an anecdote I heard in Naval Communications School Newport many
years ago: a pre-WWII international communications conference was considering
available radio frequency bands and their nomenclature. In the beginning was
LF - low frequency, MF (no rude comments, please) - medium frequency, HF -
high frequency and VHF - very high frequency. Technology had progressed to
the point where even higher frequencies were becoming available. Discussion
ensued on what to call it. The English delegate suggested "VHFI." When asked
for its meaning he replied: "why it's very high frequency indeed."  Oooooo.
  Seth LaK 9