Subject: [Leica] Tri-elmar and Bokeh
From: "Logan Reinwood" <reinwood007@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 14:31:28 -0000

Hi,

I was a bit disappointed with the section dealing with Bokeh in Erwin's
book. His comments seem a bit "simple":
He says that the Bokeh of the latest lenses is not as good as the one of the
previous leica lenses. Mentionning, for instance that the 35/pre asph is the
king-of-bokeh. His main argument is the fact that the newest lens are more
sharp and thus the difference between the in and out focus is more straight.
I have no problem with this statment and agree. But I would say, without any
scientific experimentations, that this is a bit simple. I would assume that
the optical design should have an influence too: Users often report that the
zoom are not as good as the prime in terms of bokeh.

What do Tri-elmar user thing of the bokeh of their lens when compared to the
prime lenses ?

krgds,

logan.