Subject: [Leica] Question about Picture Quality
From: Chor Eng <ctan@pop.jaring.my>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 18:02:56 +0800

Hi,

My sister who owns an M6 recommended that I ask the following question to
the LUG.

I have a medium format 6x6 Yashica EM which takes great pictures. I usually
have my prints in 4R size, and they all look great. However, the cost of
the film and printing is getting too high for me to ignore. So I started
looking around for a Leica Minilux, Minilux Zoon and C1. (I just want sharp
pictures).

I was wondering whether the print quality of a Leica 4R sized print is
indistinguishable in sharpness from a 4R print taken by a 6x6. This is
assuming that the prints are viewed at normal arm's length, and the lab
conditions are good. Has anyone compared two such prints before?

Thanks for any feed back.

Chor Eng

Replies: Reply from "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net> (Re: [Leica] Question about Picture Quality)