Subject: Re: [Leica] Question about Picture Quality
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 12:50:06 +0200

> I was wondering whether the print quality of a Leica 4R sized print is
> indistinguishable in sharpness from a 4R print taken by a 6x6. This is
> assuming that the prints are viewed at normal arm's length, and the lab
> conditions are good. Has anyone compared two such prints before?

Leica picture quality, taken on the same film, will exhibit lot worse
tonality than 6x6 photo.
If your Yashica EM had a Yashinon (4 element Tessar clone), not
Yashikor (3 element), photos from Leica may be less sharp.
What is 4R size? If it is 5x7 inch or less, you probably won't notice.
If 8x10 you will.

Different tools, different advantages...
I have a Rodenstock 6x9 folder from 1918 with 3-element f/5.6 Trinar.
No 35mm photo I saw can possibly rival this beast results quality.
But I have yet to try a streetphotography with it! :)
- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace