Subject: [Leica] No more leicas
From: "jt" <julianthomas@terra.es>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 18:37:48 +0100

Hi all!

I've just finished a life-changing workshop with Charlie Harbut. Also there
were LUGGERS Dave Howards and Peter Metelerkamp - a real pleasure guys!
Charlie is a wonderful teacher with a unique (in my experience) ability to
find out what is going on in your photography. One of the most immediate
examples of this is that I have now dumped my leica Ms and am now using EOS
1 Vs. I have realised that I am just not suited to the M and that I take
better pictures with an SLR. This is nothing against the M, which is still
my fave camera, but as I can't afford both the Ms have gone. My back is
already complaining at the extra weight, but the picture is what counts
right? As I no longer use Ms, I'll be unsubbing as soon as I get back to
Spain, but for those on the SP list, I'll still be there. I've met some
really nice people on the LUG and learned a lot - thank you all. If you are
in Barcelona, give me a call, and if we meet, I'll lug the EOS around and
look enviously at your Ms.

Julian

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] No more leicas)