Subject: Re: [Leica] A Red Dot story
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:52:56 -0500

>> A 50th of a second sync is fine for them it's not a camera in which
>> people who shoot flash at high noon from a distance flock to.
>
> But the 1/50 sync speed might be the very reason those folks don't flock
> to it.  I don't know about anyone else but if the speed were higher
> (1/250, or even just 1/125), the M6 would be *MUCH* more useful to me and
> it would probably be my camera of choice (if I still had it) for most
> situations (wedding candids, travel, news, snaps) in bright sunlight.  I'm
> not saying I'd actually make better photos with it but I'd be alot more
> willing to try :)
>
> --Andrew
> NO ARCHIVE

Andrew,

Gee, I have been using the 1/60 sync speed on my Nikon F3 for years with no
trouble for all my magazine work so I do not understand how a higher sync
speed on the M6 would be "*MUCH* more useful". I am leaving in a few minutes
to go over to National Geographic Television with my F3/SB28 and a 1/60 sync
speed to do a photo spread. Just my .03 cents worth.

sl

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] A Red Dot story)