Subject: RE: [Leica] A Red Dot story
From: John Hicks <jbh@magicnet.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:29:06 -0400

At 09:42 AM 6/1/01 -0400, you wrote:

>I have been trying to figure out why folks had such a problem with adding
>something like a higher flash sync to the M6.

  The way to get faster flash synch is to use a bladed shutter, as is used
in many modern 35mm cameras.
  So why not?
  Bladed shutters don't have remotely the life of a roller-blind shutter
(not that we're likely to wear out either type) and they're rather
delicate. Just one fumbled film cassette or errant thumb can easily mean a
shutter replacement.

John Hicks

jbh@magicnet.net