Subject: RE: [Leica] who knows where I want to focus?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 14:10:44 -0400

> looking in
> > >
> > >Yes, but how does it know that what I am looking at is what I want in
> >focus?
>
> Except zone focusing or hyperfocal focusing,

Right, with a 75/1.4...

> They just assume that you have to look at least once to what you
> want to be
> in focus!
>
> I think they are right, don't you? :-)

I look once and it reads my mind and knows that is what I wanted in focus?
"use the force, Logan, use the force"...  New branch of
photography...Gnostic imaging...

What's it's AOV (angle of view)?  Is it fine enough to determine that I want
the middle of the eye, and not the outer edge?

I'll gladly stand by my original statement, I already have the best
autofocus system ever devised, my brain (both sides), my right eye and one
of my hands (which one, is camera dependant).