Subject: [Leica] back on-LUG again -|- PAW update (matt k)
From: Matt Kollasch <matthew.kollasch@uni.edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:20:54 -0500

Hello Folks,

After several weeks away from the list I am back... In the interim I
have been to Slovakia, Hungary and Austria, celebrated my daughter's
graduation from high school and then stood vigil at the hospital during
her scoliosis surgery (she's now two inches taller! annd healing well).
I thought of Ted and his great medical setting shots while there.

I bought a Zorki (circa 1950) in Bratislava for 35 USD. I shot a test
roll and it seems to either have rangefinder adjustment problems or a
lens problems (or both).   I just shot a roll w/ a Voigtlander 15 MM on
it ... maybe it will be a good body for that lens?  I will develop the
roll this weekend and find out?  It sure is a funky camera...  If
nothing else, it looks pretty cool.

The big photo news for me is that I have decided to take the B&W
darkroom plunge... I have an eye on a enlarger and am making a list (and
checking it twice) of all the sundry required darkroom items .  Sage
darkroom startup advice welcome off-list at:
mailto:matthew.kollasch@uni.edu

When in Slovakia I nearly ran into fellow LUG-er Frank Fillipone, but
our schedules wouldn't allow us to get any closer that exchanging notes
via the staff at Hotel 16... two shutterbugs passing ...

The shutter has been clicking hither and yon... evidence can be found at
updated PAW pages, starting with this URL:
http://www.uni.edu/kollasch/photo/paw/pages/week-16.htm

It is good to be back.  /matt