Subject: [Leica] RE: Leaking shutter curtain in a IIIf
From: Matej Novak <matej.novak@hermes.si>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:25:58 +0200

Hello Matthias,

 You might try this one before you go for curtain replacement:

"
 PS Actually I used to tinker with a lot of old cameras..you
seem like you must tinker also.Here's a repair trick that I invented that
might be of use to you someday...I have used it on 2 Leicas and 2
Exactas..One Leica and one Exacta were my own and I still have them...They
had pinholes in the curtains,especially the Exacta which had hundreds, and
seemed hopeless...There is an artists product called Deka silk screen
ink..it is acrylic based and is intended for the amateur market.(not a
professional printers product)..If this is applied very thinly with a soft
artist brush,actually massaging it on the curtain and avoiding any
buildup..(thin thin thinly),it repairs the curtain perfectly and looks like
the original surface.Repeated applications may be necessary on each side,but
done neatly and correctly saves doing an expensive curtain replacement.Black
is of course the color to choose and it could even be set a little better by
some heat with a hair dryer tho even without, it never dries sticky.
"

 Please let me know how it works.

Best regards,
Matej