Subject: [Leica] RE: Bokeh - OT Long
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 00:19:02 +0200

"A study by Philip Steadman, of University College London, has proved beyond
doubt that the Dutch master, whose reputation now ranks with that of
Rembrandt, used a camera obscura to trace out the scenes he later painted.
What is more, like all the best detective stories, Vermeer left one teasing
clue of his 'guilt' so a clever investigator might one day rumble him."

Miguel,

Nice mail, but "camara oscura" was rightly used by "cinquecento" painters,
as Leonardo, so that it makes at least two hundred years before. I think,
anyway, that as most of dutch master of XVII century in Vermeer is the
treatment of color which makes them really important better than tha
exactitud of the drawing. By the way I always thought that looking a lot of
paints and visiting museum improve our photographs even it involves seeing
Jackson Pollocks paints in New York MOMA.

Kind regards

Félix