Subject: [Leica] Back aches
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 18:54:27 -0400

Quoted from earlier posts.....

" I generally carry and use 3 M type cameras with appropriate lenses and 3 R
type, motor driven  cameras with lenses from 15mm to 800mm!"- Ted Grant

" Ted, Please tell me you have an assistant or a pack mule.  Reading this
makes *my* back hurt! :)"- Andrew

 Luggers,
    What both Ted and I realize as working pros, the one very important
person who does NOT care about how much stuff you have to carry on an
assignment is the editor.
    They are only interested in what is on their light table. They can NOT
print excuses..... If the shot needs a 280mm f/2.8 you better have one.
That's why God invented car trunks.
    The days of being pretend Hanks and carrying only Leica and 50mm lens
are long over. Very, very few real assignments lend themselves to the single
camera, single lens approach.
    In case any of you didn't get my point, by "Hank" I meant Henri
Cartier-Bresson.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA