Subject: RE: [Leica] Hexar RF v M6 film to lens register.
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 16:23:26 -0400

Frank,

> I have just measured the difference between the mounting flange
> to pressure plate dimensions on my M6 and my Hexar. The Hexar is
> 0.1mm futher.

Interesting.  So what does this difference translate to in terms of actual
use?  Have you taken test images with Leica lenses mounted on the Hexar at
distances from min. to infinity shot wide open?

I'd be very interested in hearing those results.  I've done so with mine,
and all is well except at very min. distance, where the RF disengages on my
Hexar.  Unfortunately, I have no way of measuring my mounting flange to
pressure plate distance to see how mine compares with yours.  I'd love to
hear how the .1mm discrepency affects your images, though.

Dan