Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 TTL Questions
From: "Gregory Rubenstein" <gcr910@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 21:53:17 -0500

Nathan:

My experience with the M6 TTL shows that it's a battery hog. I've used a
single three-volt and two 1.5-volt batteries only to learn the life-span is
about the same, regardless of whether they were lithium, Duracell, Varta,
etc. In the cold -- plenty of that here in Chicago -- the life span dips
even more.

Anyway, plenty of good advice already about settings and measurement and
always carry spares.

I also always carry a separate light meter. Especially useful when flash
ain't a factor and the spare batteries I meant to buy or put in my bag are
elsewhere.

I'll apologize here and publicly if you're already carrying that separate
meter (and I imagine most of this list does), but more people ask me about
"that" [my light meter] when I'm poking around than about my cameras. That
raises an entirely different thread of conversation and comment about the
current state of photographic affairs.

FYI -- Batteries in the non-TTL M6 seem to go on and on and on. I replace
them annually to be safe, more often if they've been out a lot in the cold.

Hope this is of some use. Contact me on- or off-list if you think of
something I've missed.

Greg Rubenstein
gcr910@msn.com